youths


The new generation has always been blamed for aping the westerners, a fact, which is not totally unfounded. At the market place, restaurants, clubs and similar hot spots, it is easy to find the quintessential youngsters with pants that might fall off any moment or with ooh-so-tight clothes that leave very little room for breaking wind. And seeing these youngsters dancing away to the tunes of Eminem and his ilk in the most happening nightclubs can leave any one flummoxed that Nepali youth is a Xerox of the west.
But whoever had such impression could have never been so wrong. It is but their stupidity to judge a book by its cover. Yes we do dance to the hip-hop beats. We all jump and raise our voices for we know we are Nepali regardless of what we wear. Being fashion conscious does matter, maybe we are just being one I don’t want being called out out-dated. It is also not uncommon to spot youngsters donning the national dress on many an occasion.
I belong to this generation and I cannot be indifferent to media and the television, which sports and overwhelmingly large number of foreign channels. It is no wonder I would be influenced by ethics that has its roots in the west- I might be in a Levis jeans and a Versace tops- but my heart and my soul are mine- Nepali. I belong to Nepal; I am a Nepali no matter what. Nepal is in my blood, I have inherited this nation, I am and will always be proud to be a Nepali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A memory

Tough times never last but tough people do !!

Spiritual or Religious??